Sunday, March 9, 2008

Book list

as we approach hope and spring comes to bear... I make my overly ambitious reading list... (i'm actually almost done with Atonement already).

Atonement - McEwan
Stealing Buddha's Dinner - Nguyen
Love, Poverty, and War - Hitchens
1984 - come on (reread)
Why Orwell Matters - Hitchens
Consilience - E.O. Wilson (reread)
The End of Faith - Harris
The Omnivore's Dilemma - Pollan
The Untouchable - Banville (reread)
--- something by Updike.


The Atlantic -- featuring a cover story on Britney Spears... oh lord yes, I'm serious.

I'm also working through the World in 2008 from the Economist... which is quite good.

I also have to get on with my annual trek through the best doc nominees, which may not be as fun this year as last... but hey you gotta do what you gotta do to get some copy for this damn blog.

shameless plug for the movie Once, and it's fabulous soundtrack.

2 comments:

AM Donkey said...

completed ---
Atonement
Stealing Buddha's Dinner
Why Orwell Matters
Consilience

working on --
1984
Love Poverty and War
The End of Faith

I need some good fiction, however.

Julia Riber Pitt said...

Sweet list. Looks like you've got a very interesting library.